Visit competition website
The 2019 ABR Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize is organized by "Australian Book Review."
Last date of entry
April 15 2019
Who may participant
The contest is open to anyone in the world who is writing in English there is no age limit.
Any place in the world.
The Australian Book Review (ABR) is one of Australia’s leading cultural magazines. Created in 1961, it lapsed in 1974 and was revived in 1978. This year thus marks the fortieth birthday of the second series.
Conditions of Entry:
- Entries are permitted only as Word documents.
- The text should be presented with 1.5 spacing and in 12 pt font size. The pages should be numbered.
- Entries must be a single story of 2,000 to 5,000 words, written in English.
- Current ABR subscriber) - $15,
- Full-time student) - $15,
- Standard/non subscriber) - $25*,
- First Prize: $5,000,
- Second Prize:$3,000,
- Third Prize: $2,000,
- Commended stories: The three commended stories will share the remaining $2,500 in prize money in August 2019.
Visit Official Website to learn more about the competition and submitted rules.